Edgebander ACCURA 1558: Modular, Multifunctional, Maximum Performance
The ACCURA 1558 performance is a future-oriented milestone for edgebanders. Designed for absolute maximum performance, the ACCURA 1558 performance remains highly flexible, allowing adaptation to your specific requirements. Two cutter units, one corner buffing unit as well as one free space for an optional grooving unit are standard features in addition to the classic machining units. Up to 30 NC servo-axes move your high performance units to the specific machining position at the touch of a button.
The edgebander is also available as the ACCURA 1558 sanding with oscillating sanding attachment.
Here is what the HOLZ-HER ACCURA offers
- Invisible Joints with Glu Jet Thin Film Technology
- Integrated Multifunction Cutting Technology
- Units for 100% Repetition Accuracy
- Workpiece Thickness up to 60 mm
- Edge Thickness up to 20 mm
18.5" Touch screen color monitor with 16:9 format. High performance control with simply operation for rational machine set-up and change-over.
- 18.5" touch screen color monitor - standard feature.
- Graphic user interface, all information displayed in plain text and/or graphic form.
- Simple operation – rotating and swiveling control panel at eye height.
- Programs are simple to call with program names and numbers.
- Large program memory for all desired applications.
- Individual selection of units with the functions as basic setting possibilities for nominal values, path points and tool corrections.
- Service reports in clear text.
- Individual management for up to ten users with password protection and individual authorization.
- Network connectivity.
- Online maintenance, rapid exchange of data with HOLZ-HER service department.
- Barcode interface.
Adaptive package for intelligent automation
The optimized, automatic control for the extensive pressure adjustments with plausibility checks allows HOLZ-HER to realize automatic glue quantity control matched to the specific requirements. Moreover, an adaptive trimming blade automatically adapts the pressure of the trimming blade to the edge thickness. Finally, an adaptive pressure unit optimally adjusts the pressures of the individual pressure rollers to the specific application for perfect results every time. This reduces adjustment errors and reject quotas to a minimum.
-  Automatic glue quantity control
-  Adaptive trimming blade
-  Adaptive pressure unit
6-Fold edging feed
Maximum flexibility with 6-fold edging feed
The automatic 6-fold edge feeder offers the advantage of flexibility to users with continuously changing edging material as well as those using the same edging continuously. The automatic chute change feature ensures that edging is always available, eliminating valuable setup times. Including seventh auxiliary chute for feeding in cut-length edging as well as 6-fold edging carriage with arresting universal rollers.
- Available on all ACCURA models (optional)
- Not possible in combination with Glu Jet PUR 2K glue station (2 kg glue cartridge)
SYNCHRO edging feed
Edging magazine SYNCHRO drive.
With its synchronous adaptation to the feed rate, this edging magazine guarantees short intervals between workpieces and simultaneously optimizes edging protrusions.
Small feed angle thanks to nozzle design - easy feeding of solid wood edging up to 20 mm.
Cut edging often has small tears in the top layer. The jointing cutter unit ensures perfect glued surfaces and prepares the panels for the gluing process. Equipped with two 70 mm dia. diamond tipped cutters with AirStream technology (HOLZ-HER / LEUCO Patent).
- Including height adjustment for optimum utilization of cutters.
With symmetrical diamond tipped cutters (dia. 100 mm) for maximum joint quality and long service life. Automatic height adjustment with two NC servo-axes (optional).
- Standard features on the ACCURA 1558 performance and ACCURA 1558 sanding
Glu Jet automatic - glue application system
- The pressure cylinder presses the cartridge or granules against the heater elements. After reaching a certain position, the sensor sends a replenishment signal to the control. As long as glue is being applied to a workpiece, charging is delayed until the work is finished. The pressure cylinder retracts automatically, a new cartridge or fresh granulated material is gravity fed from the cartridge supply shaft into the heating chamber where it is again pressed against the heating elements.
- Purging hole for automatic cleaning system – e.g. cleaning out PUR glue.
The Glu Jet automatic is attached to a set-up carriage alternating with the LTronic unit as a glue application system with automatic change-over. Change-over is accomplished within a maximum of two minutes by a high precision interface with HSK chuck and CNC technology.
Glu Jet PUR 2K adhesive application system
Developed for professional processing of PUR glue in large quantities with invisible joints
With the Glu Jet XL, you can process standard commercial 2 kg PUR glue cartridges, which are significantly more economical than conventional PUR granules or the smaller 300 g PUR glue cartridges. This investment amortizes itself quickly for companies using more than approx. 500 kg of PUR glue per year, i.e. customers with an average glue consumption of approx. 2 kg per day. This corresponds to a processing quantity of approximately 400 - 500 running meters per day. The savings for glue costs alone already amortize the machine during the second year.
As accustomed from the Glu Jet, the heat-up time is unbeatably short - now only 3 minutes for the Glu Jet XL. Naturally, the station can also be used for processing glue granules making it extremely flexible for HOLZ-HER customers and offering every user major competitive advantages.
The new glue station is designed as a changing station with HSH adapter. This allows the station to be removed easily using a change-over carriage, making it even easier to clean the glue application nozzle.
- Integrated, fully-automatic purging routine
- Motor-driven nozzle height adjustment
- Remaining glue monitoring
- The control continuously indicates how many more meters of edging can still be processed with the current filling.
- The station can be precisely cleaned at the touch of a button with the right purging volume as well as correct temperature and purging timing.
- Glue melting capacity 60 mm workpiece height x 6000 mm workpiece length at 20 m/min
Glu Jet advantages
- Invisible joint look using new thin film technology
- In addition, Glu Jet’s low maintenance requirements and energy efficiency reduce costs
- The sealed system prevents unpleasant odors due to escaping glue vapors
- Heat-up time only 3 minutes
- Waterproof quality for your entire production
- The PUR glue can remain in the system for up to 48 hours
Motor-driven pressure unit
Synchronously driven pressure unit with automatic adaptation to feed rate and NC servo-axes for motor-driven adjustment to correct edge thickness. Straight and tapered pressure rollers for perfectly glued joints.
Most powerful trimming unit in its class – edge cross-section 20 x 65 mm. With hardened linear guides for high precision trimming results up to edge thickness of 20 mm.
Flush cutting unit
High performance cutter unit for edge thickness up to 15 mm. Two NC servo-axes for cutting with and without edge protrusion. Standard on ACCURA 1556 premium and 1558 performance.
- Edge thicknesses up to 20 mm (optional).
Heavy-duty floor-mounted unit with shock-absorbing bearing and large sensing rollers for perfect results even at high feed rates.
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision NC servo-axes. Horizontal sensing with angular sensing rollers with chemically applied nickel plating developed especially for processing modern, high gloss edging.
- In multifunction package with multistage tool (optional).
Shaping cutter unit
Shaping cutter unit with four NC servo-axes as standard feature
Uncompromising shaping cutter unit for workpieces with thicknesses up to 60 mm.
Unit adjustment on linear guides With standard blast nozzles in front of sensing rollers to blow away chips in front of sensing areas. Including shelf program for optimum processing of shelves with rounded edges.
Automatic pendulum sensor copies rear without material protrusion and leaves the optimum edge protrusion for the longitudinal edge for subsequent machining with the radius scraper.
- In multifunction package with revolving tool magazine (optional).
100% repetition accuracy at the touch of a button based on zero-clearance mechanisms and six high precision, fully digital NC servo-axes.
Including high gloss package for exact adjustment of tool depth when using high gloss panels with protective foil as well as sensing rollers with chemical nickel plating.
- In multifunction package with 5 compartment, revolving tool magazine (optional).
Clean post-processing of surfaces. Application-controlled with two reversible blades, manual post-processing not required. Standard setup.
Flat scrapers with pre and post-sensing
Clean surface finishing with pre- and post-sensing for high feed rates. 2 HW cutting edges, for use on 4 sides. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Both units can be lifted automatically for special applications.
Polishing for maximum gloss; for complete finishing. Standard setup.
- Also available as oscillating version (optional)
Corner buffing unit
For a perfect finishing on edging ends. Completely eliminates all manual finishing. Including plunge control and motor-driven horizontal adjustment via NC servo-axes.
- Standard features on the ACCURA 1556 flex and 1558 performance
Spraying units for parting agents and cleaning agents for feed and discharge area. Anti-static, coolant and lubricant – electronically controlled by special nozzles - for a perfect edge finishing (optional).
Options for extension
Maximum efficiency with Holz-Her machine networking
HOLZ-HER realizes your production ideas within 20 minutes from the first mouse click to finished furniture with seamless machine networking.
High quality furniture with the HOLZ-HER ACCURA
The Kleinhans Company in Kehl has worked with HOLZ-HER machines since the 2002. In January 2016 the company decided to make a further investment to enhance their quality: They invested in an edgebander from the successful ACCURA line.
The Kleinhans Company has been in business for over 50 years and, in the meantime, is being managed by the second generation. The team consists of skilled craftsmen such as carpenters, glazers and window makers with a staff of over 50.
Based on the exceptional skills of its employees, the product line produced by the Kleinhans Company is equally impressive: In addition to windows, doors and kitchen cabinets, the company is specializing more and more in the areas of furniture and interior finishing - true to its motto: “Wood and Design for Quality”.
The new ACCURA 1554 edgebander was purchased especially for the areas of interior finishing/furniture. The edgebander uses multi-function technology. The advantages are obvious: The multifunctional package for cutting, corner copying and radius scraping provides a perfect appearance for all normal edgebanding processes. Tool-changing is a completely automatic process with the NC servo-axes and the multi-stage tooling technology. For the Kleinhans Company the ACCURA 1554 guarantees professional edgebanding with all required processing attachments.
The company has already had an opportunity to present the new machine to customers: At their Open House in July 2016, several hundred visitors were anxious to become acquainted with the production facilities at the Kleinhans Company during a personal tour.